Music is considered as liquid architecture, while architecture is categorized as music that is frozen.
Nowadays, the norm that circulates in the field of architecture is the wearing of headphones during working hours to cope up with the architects’ crucial job. This becomes a common habit for most architects working in the office. The younger staffs are the ones that popularly practice this music plug in.
However, for architects, headphones that are worn at the office will generally benefit their profession. It is a fact that listening to music aids not only those architects, but also every employee, to pass time in their office. But, the question is the quality of performance of their job as architect.
Architect’s Office Rules for Using Headphones
The list below is the fundamental rules for wearing headphones in the office of architects.
- Listening to music with the headphones on during working hours.
- Using headphones for a specified time of the day.
- Listening with the headphone on your own working place.
- Lowering the volume of your headphones to be able to hear someone calling you.
- Nodding your head to the beat of the music.
- Listening to podcast, movie or audio file during working hours.
- Using headphones most time of the day.
- Listening with the headphones while roaming around the office.
- Making the volume of your headphones in volume that you aren’t able to hear someone calling you.
- Utilizing your pen in playing drums on the desk while listening to music.
Keys for Learning:
Usually, the working environment of an architect is a distracting one. This applies true in an open space working area. The common scenarios in an open space office are hearing other employees talking about something or hearing the keyboards sound of the other workmate. With this, using headphones while listening to music can assists you in masking the environmental distractions.
On the contrary, there is no definite proof that listening to music with the headphones on will boost someone’s focus. There are even studies showing that hearing music while working is somewhat distracting. Because of this, it would be better to put on those noise cancelling ear phones or open back headphones without any music playing on.